THE FAMILY DOCTOR of Berryville, PLC
is a family-owned and operated medical practice designed to recapture the traditional values of the doctor-patient relationship where you can be confident in seeking quality health care for your entire family.
Our clinic is within a renovated older home with high ceilings and wooden floors, evoking images of the golden years of the general practitioner. A place of trust. The clinic environment itself embodies our desire to provide your health care in a comfortable home-like setting. Our goal is to help you optimize your health and wellness, while promoting the healing process during those times of illness.
The Family Doctor is an Ideal Medical Practice
An Ideal Medical Practice is a practice model designed to enhance doctor-patient relationships, increase face-to-face time between doctors and patients, instill patients with a sense of responsibility for their health and cut wasted dollars.
The model encompasses the ideal medical practice model,
which focuses on optimizing the smallest functional work unit
capable of delivering excellent care: the solo doctor.
The key principles ideal medical practices pursue are
high-quality, patient-centered care; unfettered access, continuity,
and extreme efficiency.
It is also consistent with the AMA and AAFP Patient-Centered Medical Home model.
Typical Ideal medical practices strive for:
· Care that is driven by the patient's needs, goals and values.
· Access to care is available 24-7.
· A care team using technology to its fullest (e.g., electronic health records, online patient portal access and scheduling).
· Patients see their own physician every time.
· The majority of the office visit is typically spent with the physician.
· Patients can usually be seen the same day they call the office, if an urgent matter exists.
Physician-directed medical practice
Care is coordinated and/or integrated
Quality and safety are paramount
Take Your Health Survey!
- Local Pollens / Allergens
- Mission Clinic (Charitable Clinic) - Berryville
- ECHO (Charitable Clinic) - Eureka Springs
- Thrift Store - St. Vincent de Paul
- Loaves and Fishes - Food Bank of the Ozarks
- Berryville Community Center
- Family and Marriage Counseling - Center for Peace in the Family
- Family Tree Counseling
- Advocacy for Children & Women - Merlin Foundation
- McNeil Chiropractice Center
- Hospice Care - Circle of Life
- Healthy Living - FamilyDoctor.org
- Healthy Living - Mayo Clinic
- Healthy Living - WebMD
- Healthy Living - CDC
- Weight Loss - About.com
- Weight Loss - Mayo Clinic
- Weight Loss - Professional.com
- Weight Loss - Calorie Counting Help!
- Symptoms -> Mayo Clinic
- Symptoms - Harvard Medical School
- Patient Handouts
- Natural Family Planning
- Natural Family Planning International
1. Generally, when a routine prescription has no more refills remaining, this indicates that it is time for an appointment to review that particular condition for which the medication was prescribed.
2. Please notify the pharmacy at least 2 days prior to the need for refill to allow time for the pharmacy and the clinic to confirm the prescription details, review records and fill the medication appropriately and in a timely manner.
3. No antibiotics will be prescribed over the phone without an examination; This is not considered good medical practice.
4. No narcotics or scheduled medications will be prescribed over the phone. This is done at the routinely scheduled visit.
Labs - Labs are drawn in our clinic and sent to Quest Labs. Results are usually available for you within 48 hrs; significant abnormalities will be reported ASAP.
X-Rays and other procedures are generally performed at Mercy Hospital in Berryville. However, arrangements will be made according to your medical needs, insurance policies and personal preferences.
Please familiarize yourself with your insurance plans coverage and benefits. Refer to your insurance information booklet provided by your employer or your human resource department at work. These booklets will give you valuable information about prescriptions, eye care services, mental health care benefits, emergency care, specialist referrals and laboratory testing. We encourage you to call the toll free number on your insurance card for any insurance questions you may have.